02 Oct 2017
Mechanical Fitting apprenticeship
Gforce is Geelong's largest employer of apprentices and trainees, with a strong history of working with local businesses to provide innovative employment opportunities.
Gforce in conjunction with Geelong Port currently has an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to commence an apprenticeship working and training with Geelong Port. The successful candidate will undertake a 4 year apprenticeship in Fitting & Turning. The position is available to apply for now, with the successful candidate commencing their apprenticeship early in 2018.
The apprenticeship will involve learning all aspects of the trade including:
- Perform engineering measurements
- General machining
- Shut down and isolate machines/equipment
- Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- Perform fault diagnostics, install and remove bearings
- Repair and fit engineering components
- Maintain and overhaul mechanical equipment
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Be reliable and motivated
- Completion of Pre-apprenticeship and/or relevant work experience
- Enjoy hands on, manual work
- Have a good aptitude for mechanics
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good understanding of OH&S
- A current drivers licence
What to expect:
You will be required to work a 35 hour week (including TAFE training) and must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required. A full employment medical and Police Check will be required before commencement.
As an apprentice of Gforce you will be a valued employee, provided with an experienced consultant, to support, assist and encourage you in developing a long term career in this industry.
How to Apply:
Go to www.gforce.org.au under current vacancies or press the 'apply for this job now' button below and attach your resume and covering letter outlining why you are interested in this position.
Gforce in conjunction with Geelong Port currently has an opportunity for a motivated individual to commence a Mechanical Fitting apprenticeship.