05 Oct 2017
Gforce currently has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to undertake a 4 Year Full Time Apprenticeship in Joinery. Gforce is the region's largest employer of apprentices and trainees, with a strong history of providing innovative employment opportunities.
The role will be based with a long running & highly reputable manufacturer of quality custom made windows and doors. Based in Geelong, the position will involve learning all aspects of preparation and manufacturing of windows and doors.
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Plan and organize work
- Use variety of timber-cutting machines and hand power tools
- Manufacture components for door and window frames and doors
- Apply finishes
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Commitment to learn the trade
- Good hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work in a team
What to expect:
You will be required to work a 38 hour week (including TAFE training) and be willing to work overtime when required.
As an apprentice or trainee of Gforce you will be a valued employee, provided with an experienced consultant, to support, assist and encourage you in developing a long term career in this industry.
How to Apply:
Go to www.gforce.org.au under current vacancies or press the 'apply for this job now' button below and attach your resume and covering letter outlining why you are interested in this position.
Gforce currently has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to undertake a 4 Year Full Time Apprenticeship in Joinery.