Gforce is Geelong's largest employer of apprentices and trainees, with a strong history of providing innovative employment opportunities.
Gforce currently has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to undertake an apprenticeship in the Electrical-Instrumentation trade with Viva Energy Australia at the Geelong based Refinery.
Viva Energy Australia is one of this country's largest and most successful energy companies, with a Refinery in Geelong and operations right across Australia. We are proud to be Australian, proud of our 110-year history, and extremely proud of our achievements as we strive to become Australia's most respected energy company. We supply around 25% of Australia's fuel; we continue to invest significantly in our business to make our local operations even stronger.
The apprenticeship will involve learning all aspects of the trade including:
Electrical-Instrumentation Apprenticeship (5-year dual trade apprenticeship)
- Fault finding on Electrical and Instrumentation systems
- Inspection, testing, adjusting and repairing of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems
- Service, upgrade and refurbishment of equipment
- Perform fault finding and maintenance duties
- Attend to breakdowns and fault finding
- Maintaining Refinery Electrical distribution systems
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes-
- Be reliable and motivated
- Enjoy hands on, manual work
- Have a good aptitude for electrical and electronic systems
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Current Drivers licence and reliable vehicle is preferred
What to expect:
You will be required to work a 35-hour week (including tafe training) and must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
As an apprentice of Gforce, you will be a valued employee, provided with an experienced consultant to support, assist and encourage you in developing a long-term career in this industry.
How to apply:
Go to www.gforce.org.au under current vacancies or press the 'apply for this job now' button below and attach your resume and covering letter outlining which apprenticeship you are applying for and why you are interested in this positions.
Gforce currently has an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to undertake an apprenticeship in the Electrical-Instrumentation trade.