Parks & Gardens Apprenticeship
Gforce Apprentices & Trainees currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a motivated individual to undertake a 3 year, full-time apprenticeship in Horticulture. The successful applicant will complete Certificate III in Horticulture (Parks & Gardens).
Employed by Gforce, you will be working with Bellarine Bayside Foreshore Committee of Management, assisting with all facets of horticultural maintenance along 17km of foreshore in the Bellarine Pensinsula.
- Horticulture maintenance; weeding, mowing, minor tree maintenance and propagation
- Nursery maintenance and fertilizing
- Assist horticulturalists in maintenance of plant collections and spraying of appropriate insecticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Work within all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Operate and maintain horticultural plant and equipment
- A demonstrated interest and/or experience in horticulture, a passion for plants and willingness to develop skills and knowledge
- An ability to learn and adapt to new situations, managing and prioritizing a range of jobs efficiently and effectively
- Experience with working as part of a team and able to work independently
- Good communication skills and willing to support and participate in team goals
- Ability to display integrity, responsibility, respect for others and the ability to be innovative
- Willingness to undertake a Police Check and Pre-employment Medical if required
- Current driver's license
What to expect:
You will be required to work a 38 hour week (including TAFE training) and be willing to work overtime when required.
As an apprentice of Gforce you will be a valued member of our friendly and supportive staff, while receiving award wages and on-the-job training. Like all our staff, you will be encouraged to develop a long term career
How to apply:
Go to www.gforce.org.au under current vacancies or press the 'apply for this job now' button below and attach your resume and covering letter outlining why you are interested in being a Parks & Gardens Apprentice.
Gforce currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a motivated individual to undertake a 3 year, full-time apprenticeship in Parks & Gardens.