Fitting & Turning Apprenticeship
Gforce is Geelong's largest employer of apprentices and trainees, with a strong history of providing innovative employment opportunities.
Gforce currently has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to undertake an apprenticeship in Fitting & Turning, working and training with a Host Employer based in Derrimut who specialises in Turbocharging Service. This role will involve some overseas travel, in which you may be required to attend.
The apprenticeship will involve learning all aspects of the trade including:
- Perform engineering measurements
- General machining
- Shut down and isolate machines/equipment
- Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- Perform fault diagnostics, install and remove bearings
- Repair and fit engineering components
- Maintain and overhaul mechanical equipment
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes-
- Be reliable and motivated
- Enjoy hands on, manual work
- Have a good aptitude for mechanical systems
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Current Drivers licence and reliable vehicle is preferred
What to expect:
You will be required to work a 38-hour week (including tafe training) and must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
As an apprentice of Gforce, you will be a valued employee, provided with an experienced consultant to support, assist and encourage you in developing a long-term career in this industry.
How to apply:
Go to www.gforce.org.au under current vacancies or press the 'apply for this job now' button below and attach your resume and covering letter outlining why you are interested in this position.
Gforce currently has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to undertake an apprenticeship in Fitting & Turning.